This is the FOI request sent to Newham Council on 7th March 2020:
Please consider my questions as requests under the Freedom of Information Act.
With regards to the CCTV camera with reference number 6028 located on the Greenway:
1) In the last 12 months (or other suitable timeframe at your discretion):
a. How many access requests for footage were made for this camera?
b. How many were successful?
c. Please provide at much detail as possible about each access request?
2) What guidance is given to staff when a crime is seen specifically on this camera?
3) Where is the footage from this camera stored?
4) How long is the footage stored for?
5) What resolution is footage stored at?
6) Can you provide a sample image:
a. Taken during the day
b. Taken at night
7) What is the recorded location of this CCTV camera in your records?
8) What is the maintenance schedule for this camera?
9) How often is this camera visually inspected?
10) What is the make and model of the camera?
11) In the last 12 months (or other suitable time frame at your discretion) what percentage of the time was this camera operational?
With regards to the Greenway as a whole:
12) Please confirm:
a. Is the CCTV cameras monitored live?
b. If so where are the cameras monitored from?
c. What is the CCTV operator to CCTV camera ratio?
d. What are the contact methods available between CCTV operators and the police?
13) In the last 12 months (or other suitable timeframe at your discretion):
a. How many incidents were reported in real-time to the police?
b. What information do you store about each report made in real-time?
c. Please provide at much detail as possible about report?